Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mother of Pearl - The Scrapbook Store




Mothers Day has come and gone, and for my own Mum this year I created a ZigZag Card. I originally found this amazing, easy tutorial by Marianne 'here' - it was so simple to create and looks so pretty, open or closed.  I changed a few things to suit my taste and opted to use magnets as the closing option, as a belly band gets worn out in time and often can be difficult (fiddly) to place on the card.  

Using the Penelope Dee, Mother of Pearl paper lines from The Scrapbook Store, which were sent to me this month to play with.... These are very elegant papers, with winding roses, and many glorious colour elements, from old world style to the more modern - hard to describe, but you can find them all 'here' to view.... I used an old punch I had for the edges, and highlighted with the pearl strips, by Kaisercraft.  The pearl strips are a great way to decorate, and easily sized for a project, by simply cutting through the adhesive strand.  I do however apply other wet adhesive as over time, these tend to fall off without the extra adhesive. 

Materials:

Friskars Sunburst Punch
Cottage Cutz - Leafy Foliage Die

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

This is beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

Oh this card looks amazing, the papers are so pretty and feminine.. I love the style of the card too.. beautiful card for your Mum!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning card! Love the soft and gorgeous punched edges! ;-)
So great to see our local paper lines on your side of the world too! ;-)