Tuesday, April 17, 2018

You make my heart smile Card and Tag - The Scrapbook Store



This month for The Scrapbook Store, I created a card tutorial, you can find all the full details 'here'. The card is simplistic, and can be used for many occasions by changing the journaling note card, or simply by adding a sentiment. 

Also, using the left over elements from my DT kit, I created the tag card below.  Its amazing how you can put together bits and pieces, and still manage to create something pretty.  Left over elements from the 2Crafty Frame piece from my layout, and the border elements left over from the card and album. The background paper is gorgeous by Prima Marketing, called 'Transformation' in the Cherry Blossom Collection - I wanted to match the top panel of my tag, so covered the cardstock with the matching decorative tape, with butterflies.  A bit fiddly matching the lines up, but with a bit of patience, looks so pretty.  I had a little snippet of the Green Tara 30mm lace left, and added this and the left over flowers from the packs.  The Kaisercraft 'Wooden Flourishes' and 'Alphabet' are from my stash from a few years ago.

I don't like things being perfectly straight, so after completing the 'happy' title, I realised how straight it was and made the 'birthday' slightly uneven.  Keeping these little alphabet stickers (or other types of stickers) on your creations can be difficult as over time the adhesive doesn't hold and they fall off!  I applied a smear of Scotch Quick Dry adhesive onto the wooden flourish after painting it, and then added while wet the alphabet.  Then, when dry, I wiped another layer of adhesive over the top to seal it.

Recently I went through a lot of my older layouts from 4-5 years ago, most were still in the same condition as when I created them.  However, there were some layouts with elements that literally were in the bottom of the packaging I had them stored in. It took me many hours to replace and fix with the correct adhesive.  So, now when anything has its own adhesive backing, I never use it - I apply a good reliable adhesive to ensure it will be there in years to come.





Materials:
-Card-
American Crafts - Textured Cardstock - White and Black
Kaisercraft - Kaisercard - Musk
Kaisercraft - Rhinestones - Soft Pink
2 Crafty - Lacey Border Set 1
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Cherry Blossom Garden
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Journaling Note Cards
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Transformation
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Flowers #631116
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Flowers # 631062
3D Foam Mounts
Adirondack - Acrylic Paint - Gold
Stickles - Diamond
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Scoretape
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Black Soot

-Tag-
American Crafts - Textured Cardstock - White and Black
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Transformation
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Flowers #631116
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Flowers # 631062
Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom - Decorative Tape
2Crafty - Doodled Frames (fr0884)
2Crafty - Lacey Border Set 1
Green Tara - 30mm Lace - White
I am Roses - Small Leaves
Kaisercraft - Wooden Flourishes - Banners
Kaisercraft - Rhinestones - Soft Pink
Kaisercraft - Alphabet Stickers
Adirondack - Acrylic Paint - Gold
Ranger - Emboss It - Daber
Stampendous - Frantage Embossing Enamel - Aged Shabby Pink
Heat Tool
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Scoretape
3D Foam Mounts

3 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Both of these are so gorgeous Sandie! The background on the card is really pretty and the chalkboard mat allows the sentiment to stand out so beautifully! The tag is stunning too! I love the bit of lace tucked under the chippie at the top and the flowers are so pretty. Amazing what can be achieved with a few left overs! Stunning creations! hugs x

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. Very pretty card and fabulous tag.. and yes... i am wondering if I am going to find all the embellies floating around my earlier pages too as I would not have known much about adhesives back then!!

Denise van Deventer said...

So gorgeous...really love this. 😀
You know...I also discovered recently that some of my pages from a few years back have come apart and I have since then also been very vigilant about using adhesives on sticky dots, self adhesive products etc. I also feel that if I give cards and tags away, that they keep and not fall apart in a few months. 👍